Solid Explorer is a file management application inspired by older file ordering applications. This will help you:
– Easily manage your files in a dual pane layout
– Protect your files with strong encryption
– Manage your files on your cloud or NAS storage
– Backup your apps and files to the desired destination
Explore your device
Solid Explorer lets you navigate to files stored on your device and automatically organize them into collections. You can view, delete, move, rename or share any file. It also allows you to quickly find the files you need through an index search with filters.
Protect your files
Solid Explorer can protect selected files with strong AES encryption and place them in a secure folder, the contents of which are unreadable to other applications. The file manager will ask you for confirmation of the password or fingerprint when you browse the folder. Even if you uninstall Solid Explorer, the files remain on your device and are always protected.
Although this file manager does not have a dedicated storage analyzer, you can find out which files take up the most space by accessing the folder properties of the internal storage or SD card. You will find information on the percentage of space occupied by each folder and the list of the largest files. You can also use the search with a file size filter.
Organize remote files
Solid Explorer supports major network protocols and cloud providers to let you organize multiple remote file locations in one place. You can easily transfer files between cloud locations / servers just by dragging them from one panel to another.
List of main features:
◾ File management – main storage, SD card, USB OTG
– Cloud storage – easily connect and manage your files on Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, Owncloud, SugarSync, MediaFire, Yandex, Mega *
– NAS – support for the main network protocols FTP, SFTP, SMB (Samba), WebDav
◾ File encryption – password and fingerprint protection
– Archives – support for ZIP, 7ZIP, RAR and TAR files
– Root Explorer – browse system files if your device is in root mode
◾ Indexed search – quickly find files on your device
– Storage scan – manage files taking up too much space on your device
– Organized collections – files categorized into Downloads, Recents, Photos, Videos, Music, Documents and Applications
◾ Internal image viewer, music player and text editor – for easier navigation of remote storages
– Batch renaming – with support for naming patterns
– FTP server – to access your local files from the PC
◾ Themes and icon sets – ample customization options
Solid Explorer will also manage files on your Chromebook with mouse and keyboard support.