This is the world’s only self-configuring mobile device based laser training app. (Winner of “The 18 Best Pieces of New Gear at the 2017 SHOT Show” by “Combat Handguns”, May/June 2017 issue.) Our state-of-the-art technology (patent pending) delivers instrument-level performance without the the user does not adjust any parameters. The application works with almost all third-party paper targets without specialized hardware.
(*A full Android 6.0 or higher smartphone is required – see the full support list at www.g-sight.com.) Simply set up virtually any target, press the Train button in the app and start training. training. In addition to real-time shot location marking and auditory feedback for each shot, the user can review each successful or missed shot afterwards and then continue training. Combined with the G-Sight Laser Training Gen 2 cartridge, the Laser Training Pro app allows anyone to practice perfecting the fundamentals of firearms training, shooting, drawing and skill with the shooting in a convenient, economical and safe way. The paid Shot Timer feature also times each shot and calculates the split time.
1. 10 shot laser training
Place your Android phone about 1 meter (~3 feet) away with the camera facing the target and press start. Return to your shooting position while the app automatically and instantly sets up the camera and start practicing when you hear the beep. When your session is over, you can review all your snaps by swiping right or left. Press the “Train Again” button to resume your workout.
2. Unlimited laser drive mode
This in-app purchase allows you to exceed the maximum of 10 moves. Place your Android phone about 1 meter away with the camera facing the target and press start. Return to your shooting stance and start practicing when you hear the beep. When your session is over, you can review all your snaps one by one or in groups by swiping right or left. Fast forward and rewind can be done by swiping up or down. Press the “Train Again” button to resume your workout.
3. Timer Mode
This in-app purchase gives accurate timing information of every shot for up to 10 shots of 5 consecutive sessions. It offers 5 user-adjustable settings to customize your practice and even simulate a competition. When your activity is done, you can review all your snaps one by one (by swiping right or left), in session groups (by swiping up or down), or in one large group. Press the “Train Again” button to resume your workout.
The app is designed for a wide variety of conditions and purposes. For the best results:
– The phone should be placed within one meter of the target and aligned as straight as possible without obstructing the laser beam.
– If you are training with a setup for the first time, we suggest you run a “Setup Test” before you start. It will let you know if there are any potential issues with your setup.
– Avoid bright light, especially sunlight on or near the target. If you see large patches of light reflecting off the target in the camera view, they may be impacting detection performance.
– Avoid the backlit area.
– Avoid using damaged targets, sharp creases on the target or on the edges of the target can also impact detection performance.
– And Avoid using targets with a shiny surface or placing shiny/highly reflective objects, such as tape in the camera’s field of view.
– Avoid areas where obvious lighting changes or shadows may exist.
– Avoid shaking the phone/target during a session.
– In bright light conditions, some deep dark targets with sharp white lines may interfere with detection. If the app fails to detect shots, try turning down the lights or moving the phone back about a foot. Detection will not be negatively affected even though the target may appear smaller in the camera view.
– If the app does not respond for more than 30 seconds, there may be a lighting problem. Close the application from the Android menu and run the “Configura