A comprehensive list of words and sample entries are available to preview the dictionary content and try out the functionality of the app.
Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary (CEPD) contains over 230,000 pronunciations of word and phrase names, including personal names, company names and words related to science and technology. It is the definitive guide to contemporary British and American English pronunciation.
***** Very useful! Ideal for those who want to improve their pronunciation. Thanks!
***** I love it. The best pronunciation dictionary is a great help for English learners. Warning: no definitions just the pronunciation.
***** Very good at teaching pronunciation. Ideal for those who study or work in translation and interpretation and for English teachers who have to avoid the most pronunciation errors.
**** Excellent source for spell checks and pronunciation. Stunning! Everyone needs it.
• British and American English audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers
• Flash Card quiz to help you memorize new words and test your pronunciation
• Favorites – to help you quickly access frequently searched words
• Search history to review your recent searches
• EDPS will understand and find a word of any grammatical form
• Android Sharing. Select any text on websites emails and share with EDPS to get pronunciation of words
• Copy any text from other apps and choose “Search clipboard” in CEPD to see word pronunciations one by one
• Search for similar words in case of misspellings
• Generic search. Use ? and * symbols to replace letters if you are unsure of the correct spelling
• Search for anagrams (eg tab-bat)
Founded in the mid-16th century, Cambridge University Press is one of the world’s leading publishers of English language learning material. Playing a leading role in today’s global education market, Cambridge University Press publishes titles written by authors in over 100 different countries.